Cool Summer Soup
Summer is the best season for discovering the joys of a raw food nutrition program to strengthen your body. Select local freshly-picked fruits and vegetables at a farmers’ market if you don’t have your own garden. (In the U.S. more cities are passing ordinances enabling residents to grow produce in community gardens – how about participating this year?) Of course at the market you’ll buy organically grown produce. Wash before preparing your recipe.
Can we entice you to start preparing cool soups? Try this recipe by the award winning raw food artist-chef, Chef Be*Live. You can discover more remarkable recipes in Going Going Gone Raw.
- 1 cup of cubed pineapple
- 1 cup cubed jicama
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1 cup peeled/quartered cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup diced onion (some patients must leave out)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup packed dates (about 6)
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 cup tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbs agave
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 tsp jalapeno
- ¼ cup pineapple
- 3 Tbs onion
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar/coconut vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 and ½ cups water
Step 1: Prepare jicama, cucumber, tomato and mango
- Place in bowl and mix. Add minced onion and cilantro.
- Toss. Add chopped dates/ pineapple. Toss again. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare broth.
- Blend lime, orange juice, pineapple,vinegar, salt and agave.
- Blend at low speed, then increase speed until smooth.
- Add cilantro, onion, tomatoes and jalapeno.
- Pulse 3 times so cilantro and tomatoes become particles.
- Pour broth over fruit mixture; stir slightly.
- Chill or serve immediately.